Common Estate Planning Situations
- 1st Marriage
- Single Person
- A Spouse dies
- 2nd Spouse Dies
The Ways So Cal Legal Firm Gives Back to Our Community
Source Law Firm’s Scholarship Program
Our founder, business litigation attorney, Robert Lopez, was the recipient of three full-tuition academic scholarships while at USC Law School in 1996-1999. Without these scholarships, attorney Robert Lopez might never have been able to attend USC Law School.
As part of its obligation to be a source of good in the community, attorney Robert Lopez through Source Law Firm would like to assist others on their academic journey.
Therefore, Source Law Firm offers two $250 scholarships to college and university undergraduates every school year. One winner will be selected for the Fall and one for the Spring of each year.
TOPIC OF THE PAPER (Fall 2019 and Spring 2020)
I, Robert Lopez, believe our country, the United States, is the best nation on this earth. We are only one of a handful of countries that allow our people true personal and economic freedom. Our economic freedom gives all of us the real ability to improve our social and economic status. Today, as Americans, each and every one of us can choose to pursue any career we want from astronaut to painter to doctor. Our only limitation is one of dedicating our time to pursue our career. Our nation is full of stories of those individuals who come from “little” and rise to become leaders in their fields.
In short, our destinies are in our own hands.
As you are pursuing your higher education, you are writing your own story. Only you know how you want your story to go. Share your story of why you are pursuing your academic career and what you hope to do and achieve after you complete your undergraduate or graduate-level degree.
Guidelines for Submissions
- Please write a 300-600 word essay on the topic listed above.
- Include your name, telephone number and school email address in the top right of your essay. (Only applicants providing school email addresses will be considered.)
- Submit your essay to scholarship [at] sourcelawfirm.com in PDF format.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US VIA TELEPHONE REGARDING THIS SCHOLARSHIP OFFER. If you need to contact us, please email us at scholarship (at) sourcelawfirm.com.
- All applications meeting the requirements herein will be evaluated by the scholarship selection committee of Source Law Firm.
- Criteria for selection is based on the originality and quality of each submission.
If you would like to be considered for a Source Law Firm’s Scholarship, please ensure the following is true:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university or graduate program located in the United States or its territories.
- No minimum GPA is required to qualify.
- Your essay must be your original work and not found anywhere else on the internet. No plagiarized submissions, in part or in whole, will be considered.
- One essay per person, per semester.
- One scholarship is offered for the Fall semester and one scholarship is offered for the Spring Semester.
- You may submit an application at any time during the year.
- Applications submitted between January 1 through June 30 of the calendar year will be selected in the second week of July for the Fall Scholarship. The proposed recipient of this scholarship will be notified via telephone and/or e-mail by July 21.
- Applications submitted between July 1 and December 31 of each year will be selected in the second week of January and be considered for the Spring Scholarship. The proposed recipient of this scholarship will be notified via telephone and/or e-mail by January 21.
- Source Law Firm’s scholarship committee disqualifies any submission that it, in its sole discretion, deems to be plagiarized or even possibly plagiarized.
- Source Law Firm reserves the right to select a different recipient if: (1) we are unable to reach you at the email or telephone number provided or (2) you do not respond back to us within 14 days of being notified that you are the proposed recipient of the scholarship.
- By submitting an essay, you agree to allow us to publicize your name, the name of your college or university and a copy of your essay on our website and to the press and other websites, including your school website/newspaper/newsletter, etc.
- The selected recipient must also be able to provide photograph identification and school identification indicating enrollment as a current or upcoming student at a US college or university as stated above. The recipient is responsible for any taxes incurred as a result of receiving this scholarship.
- The Source Law Firm Scholarship program does not discriminate against any applicant regardless of any individual’s race, color, religion, origin, handicap, age, sex or sexual orientation. We do however, ask that you be a good person.
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US VIA TELEPHONE REGARDING THIS SCHOLARSHIP OFFER. PLEASE EMAIL US WITH ANY QUESTIONS AT SCHOLARSHIP [AT] SOURCELAWFIRM.COM.
Good luck to all applicants.
Source Law Firm offers all those age 65 and above a 10% discount on our legal services. You must notify us of this discount before engaging our services. (This does not include third party costs and fees.)
Source Law Firm offers all those who have served in our nation’s armed forces a 10% discount on our legal services. You must notify us of this discount before engaging our services. (This does not include third party costs and fees.)
Source Law Firm participates in various school discount programs. Please see your school’s website to determine if Source Law Firm offers this discount to your school.